Meet Dr. Leonard A. Merlo
Oral Surgeon in Rockville MD & Washington DC
Dr. Merlo attended the University of Pittsburgh and was granted early acceptance to Temple University School of Dentistry in Philadelphia, PA. He graduated at the top of his class and completed a four-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Temple University Hospital. He is dual Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesiology. He is also honored to have been awarded fellowship into the American College of Surgeons.
He has been in practice in the Washington D.C area since 1996 and has been voted “Best Oral Surgeon” in the Washingtonian magazine many times.
Dr. Merlo has hospital appointments at The Washington Hospital Center in DC and Suburban Hospital in Bethesda where he is privileged to be involved in training of new Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and treatment of acute maxillofacial trauma.
- University of Pittsburgh
- Temple University School of Dentistry, DMD
- Temple University Hospital, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dual Board Certified:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- District of Columbia
- The Washington Hospital Center
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA)
- Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MASOMS)
- Maryland Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- District of Columbia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (DCSOMS)
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Dr. Merlo has been voted “Best Oral Surgeon” in the Washingtonian magazine every issue since 2006