Meet Leonard A. Merlo, DMD, FACS
Oral Surgeon in Rockville, MD & Washington DC
Dr. Merlo attended the University of Pittsburgh and was granted early acceptance to Temple University School of Dentistry in Philadelphia, PA. He graduated at the top of his class and completed a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Temple University Hospital. He is dual Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesiology. He is also honored to have been awarded fellowship into the American College of Surgeons.
He has been in practice in the Washington D.C area since 1996 and has been voted “Best Oral Surgeon” in the Washingtonian magazine many times.
Dr. Merlo has hospital appointments at The Washington Hospital Center where he is involved in training of new Oral Surgeons. He is also on staff and active at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD
Ready to schedule your consultation with Dr. Merlo?
Call Montgomery Oral & Facial Surgery Phone Number 301-468-0020 and our friendly, helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
At a Glance
- University of Pittsburgh
- Temple University School of Dentistry, DMD
- Temple University Hospital, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dual Board Certified:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- District of Columbia
- The Washington Hospital Center
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA)
- Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MASOMS)
- Maryland Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- District of Columbia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (DCSOMS)
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Dr. Merlo has been voted “Best Oral Surgeon” in the Washingtonian magazine every issue since 2006